Ingredients Needed for Curacao and Mascarpone Mousse With Pineapple Sauce
2 ounces of butter
1 pineapple, cubed
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
⅓ cup milk
6 ounces of mascarpone
2 tablespoons of honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup whipped cream
¼ cup curacao
4 cookies, crumbled
How to Cook Curacao and Mascarpone Mousse With Pineapple Sauce
- Melt the butter in a cooking pot over low heat and add the cubed pineapple. Add the brown sugar and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the milk. Cook and stir for another minute. Blend the pineapple using a hand blender.
- Add the yolk while the pineapple mixture is still hot. Whisk rapidly to incorporate the yolk. Strain the mixture into a bowl using a strainer and a spatula. Discard the resulting pulp.
- Add the mascarpone, honey, and vanilla extract to a bowl. Mix until even using a spatula.
- Add the whipped cream and Curacao. Mix until even. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag.
- Distribute the cream to 4 glasses and top with pineapple mixture. Serve garnished with crumbled cookies and, optionally, with lime.