Ingredients Needed for Red-Wine Jelly
2 tablespoons of gelatine
2 tablespoons of water
2 cups of red wine
¼ cup cognac
⅓ cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
blueberries for garnishing
orange zest for garnishing
How to Make Red-Wine Jelly
- Add the gelatine and water to a small bowl and mix them. Set aside.
- Add the wine, cognac, sugar, and lemon zest to a cooking pot over low heat. Stir them in. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the gelatin and stir it in. Remove from heat.
- Pour the wine mixture into a roomy form (preferably a heart-shaped one, but others will work, too). Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve on a platter garnished with blueberries and orange zest.