Calories: 401 kCal / serving
- 15 g
- 10 g
- 63 g
Ingredients Needed for Appalachian Cornbread
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons of salsa sauce
1 onion, chopped and fried
2 ounces of cheddar, grated
⅓ cup sweet corn
1 cup cornflour
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
How to Make Appalachian Cornbread
- Add the eggs to a bowl and whisk them. Keep adding the milk, a dash of salt, the salsa sauce, and fried onion. Whisk until even.
- Add the Cheddar. Whisk it in. Add the sweet corn and do the same. Set aside.
- Add the cornflour, flour, baking powder, and sugar to a bowl. Whisk until even.
- Add the corn and Cheddar. Mix until even using a spatula.
- Line a smaller cake pan (9 x 7-inch) with parchment paper. Transfer the mixture in it and bake for 20 minutes at 400⁰F/195⁰C.