Cranberry Chocolate Soup
Prepare to meet the crème de la crème of the chocolate-based sweets. It’s a soup but made of chocolate. What’s more, in the kitchen you can upgrade everything, even the perfect chocolate. Here we uber-flavored it with mint and honey and served it with a cream made from mascarpone and cranberry syrup.
Ingredients Needed for Cranberry Chocolate Soup
¼ cup water
5 tablespoons of sugar
¼ cup fresh mint
1 tablespoon honey
1-2 teaspoons cocoa powder
3 ounces chocolate (1 bar)
½ cup heavy cream
7 ounces mascarpone
½ cup cranberries
How to Make Cranberry Chocolate Soup
- Add the water and 1 tablespoon of sugar to a pot over low heat. Cook and stir until the sugar melts.
- Add the mint and stir. You can add 1 or 2 more tablespoons of water if you need to.
- Add the honey. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove the mint leaves and add the cocoa powder. Cook and stir until smooth and bubbly. Set aside.
- Bain-marie: Fill a medium-sized pot halfway with water and heat it over low-medium heat. Add the chocolate to a bowl and place it on top of the pot. Continuously stir until it melts.
- Pour the mint-flavored cocoa mixture over the melted chocolate. Mix.
- Add the heavy cream and mix some more. Set aside.
- Add the mascarpone and 3 tablespoons of sugar to a bowl. Mix until even and set aside.
- Add the cranberries and the remaining tablespoon of sugar to a smaller pot over low heat. Crush the cranberries, cook, and stir until you have an even syrup.
- Strain the syrup into the sweetened mascarpone bowl. Mix until even.
- Serve the chocolate soup with a tablespoon or two of cranberry-mascarpone cream.