Calories: 139 kCal / serving
- 21 g
- 5 g
- 4 g
Ingredients Needed for Cookie Flowers With Plum Jam
For the dough:
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon active- dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon butter
For the filling:
½ cup flour
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
¼ cup milk
1 egg, whisked
1 tablespoon butter, melted
For the topping:
How to Make Cookie Flowers With Plum Jam
- Pour the flour, yeast, salt, and milk into a mixer bowl.
- Start your mixer at medium speed and mix to combine the ingredients. Add the butter while the mixer is running. Mix until the dough becomes smooth and thick. If it looks too wet, you can add some more flour.
- Separately, add the flour in a small bowl. Mix it with sugar, 1 teaspoon of whisked egg, and melted butter. Keep the whisked egg for later.
- Preheat the oven to 380°F/190°C.
- Grab the dough, place it on your working surface and divide it into approximately 8 round balls, around 3 inches (7.5 cm) in diameter.
- Level the balls with a rolling pin until 0.4 inches (1 cm) thick. Add a teaspoon of sugar and butter mixture and fold around it. Level them again, making them as thick as they were before.
- Make a few cuts on their surface but not all the way through. Twist the obtained strips, making them look like petals. Spread the whisked egg over them. Add 1 teaspoon of plum jam in the middle, and top them with poppy seeds.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the flower-shaped cookies on top.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 25 minutes.