Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Bake
When in the mood for something savory, we often turn our heads towards Tex-Mex cuisine. And this dish truly is something to remember. Chicken is cooked with bacon and leek and set upon roasted tortilla chips and topped with some savory Cheddar cheese. It’s a dish meant for the strong!
Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Bake
3.5 ounces of butter, melted
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
4 tortilla wraps
2 ounces of bacon, chopped
1 leek, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
10 ounces of cooked chicken breast, shredded
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup cheddar, shredded
How to Make Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Bake
- Add the melted butter in a large bowl and season with paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt. Mix everything.
- Place the tortilla wraps on top of each other and cut them into 8 triangles each.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add the tortilla wraps in the melted butter mixture and mix until they are fully covered.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay the tortilla triangles over it.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 7 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add the bacon in it and cook it until browned.
- Add garlic and leek and season with salt.
- Add the shredded chicken and heavy cream. Give it a good stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Grab a round cast-iron skillet and add the roasted tortilla on the bottom of it.
- Add the chicken mixture and spread it evenly over the tortilla. Top it with half of the Cheddar.
- Add the remaining tortillas and Cheddar on top.
- Slide the skillet into the oven for the next 15 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.