Ingredients Needed for Chocolate-Glazed Whoopie Pies
For the dough:
1 ½ cups of flour
⅔ cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
For the cream cheese:
⅔ cup cream cheese
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate glaze:
4 ounces of chocolate
1 ounce walnut, chopped
How to Cook Chocolate-Glazed Whoopie Pies
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Add the flour, sugar, and baking powder into the mixer bowl.
- Crack the eggs over the flour. Set your mixer over medium speed, and mix the dough for 4-5 minutes, until it reaches a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a round cake tin, approximately 12 inches (30 cm) in diameter.
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake it for 40 minutes.
- Use 1 cooking ring, approximately 4 inches (10 cm) in diameter, to take out 3 round shapes out of the cake dough. Slice each one of them through the middle to make room for the filling.
- As for the filling, place the cream cheese in a small bowl. Add the egg yolk, vanilla extract, and mix until the ingredients combine in a smooth cream.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, fill about half of it with water, and bring it to a boil. Cover it with a bowl. Break the chocolate and add it in the bowl. Mix with a spatula until it melts.
- Spread about 1-2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture between two sides of dough to glue them together. Also, add a few chopped walnuts.
- Use the rest of the ingredients to make 2 more whoopie pies.
- Top with melted chocolate and let them rest for one hour, in order for the crust to form.
- Serve them with powdered sugar, lemon and lime zest!