Ingredients Needed for T-Bone Steak With Mediterranean Herb Rub
1 oregano leaves, fresh
1 basil leaves, fresh
3 thyme sprigs
2 garlic cloves
2 chili peppers
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 t-bone steak
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
How to Cook T-Bone Steak With Mediterranean Herb Rub
- Chop the basil leaves and the thyme.
- Slice the garlic cloves and the chili peppers.
- Put the oregano, basil, thyme, garlic, and sliced chili peppers in a bowl.
- Season them with salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and mix. Set the herb mixture aside.
- Place the T-bone on your working space and pour the remaining vegetable oil over it. Season with salt and pepper and rub the meat on both sides using your hands.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet, on medium heat.
- Raise the heat to high, add the steak and cook, until well browned, about 7 minutes for the first side. Flip on the other side, coat it in herb mixture and continue cooking for 4 more minutes, for medium-rare.
- Transfer the steak to the cutting board and cover loosely with foil. Let rest for 5 minutes before cutting it, and serve.