Ingredients Needed for Chicken Tomato Soup
2 chicken breasts s, around 5 ounces each, cut into strips
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, slices
2 teaspoons of paprika powder
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 white onion, diced
14 ounces of fresh tomato, cut into cubes
3 ounces of cashew, raw
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ cup white wine
2 cups of water
⅓ cup heavy cream
1 red chili, slices
How to Cook Chicken Tomato Soup
- Heat the vegetable oil in a stainless steel pan and throw in it the chicken breast.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add the garlic and about 1 teaspoon of paprika powder and cook the chicken, stirring often.
- Cook until the chicken breast turns opaque white.
- Add the red wine vinegar and, if you want, some more paprika powder.
- Cook the chicken for about 15 minutes, then set it aside.
- In the same pan, add the onion and cook it until it softens.
- Add the tomatoes, cashew, garam masala, about 1 teaspoon of paprika powder, sugar, white wine, and water and simmer the mixture for 15 minutes.
- When the time’s up, the liquid should be reduced. Remove the veggies from the heat and blend them using a hand mixer or a blender.
- Put the mixture into a strainer over a bowl, and use a wooden spoon to mix and press the liquid to strain it into the bowl. That way, you’ll separate the soup from the leftover chunks.
- Pour the tomato and cashew soup in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Throw in the cooked chicken strips and add the heavy cream.
- Cook for 5 to 8 more minutes.
- Garnish the soup with chili slices and thyme and serve it.