Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Mushroom Burgers
12 medium-sized mushrooms
⅔ cup low moisture mozzarella, grated
⅔ cup cheddar, grated
2 ounces of bacon, fried and crumbled
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup flour
3 whisked eggs
1 cup breadcrumbs
6 burger buns
1 cup baby spinach
How to Cook Cheesy Mushroom Burgers
- Place the mushroom caps on a plate between paper towels. Cover with another plate placed upside down. Microwave for 3 minutes. You may need to do it in 2 batches.
- Add the mozzarella, cheddar, bacon, parsley, and mayonnaise to a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Mix until even.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of mayo mixture between 2 mushroom caps and wrap in plastic foil. Do the same for the remaining salad and mushroom caps. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add the flour, whisked eggs, and breadcrumbs each to a small bowl. Coat each mushroom sandwich with flour, whisked egg and then, breadcrumbs.
- Fill a deep frying pan 1/3 or 1/2 with vegetable oil and heat it over medium-high heat. Fry the mushroom sandwiches on both sides for 4 minutes. You may need to do it in 2 batches.
- Horizontally cut a burger bun in half. Spread about 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise on the lower half, add some baby spinach, 1 fried mushroom sandwich, then top with the bun’s upper half. Skewer the burger if you want. Do the same for the remaining ingredients.