Ingredients Needed for Cheese Topped Chicken and Pasta Casserole
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
14 ounces of chicken breast, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ teaspoon paprika powder
½ teaspoon dried thyme
1 spring onion, sliced
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup mozzarella, shredded
10 ounces of pappardelle
How to Cook Cheese Topped Chicken and Pasta Casserole
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, add water in it and bring it to a boil.
- Add the pappardelle and cook them according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and season it with salt and pepper. Add garlic, paprika powder, and dried thyme.
- Add the spring onion and cook the chicken for the next 15 minutes.
- Separately, heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter and melt it.
- Add the heavy cream and stir. Add half of the Cheddar, half of the mozzarella, and season with salt.
- Stir continuously until the cheese melts.
- Drain the cooked pappardelle and lay them in a baking tray. Add the cooked chicken and the heavy cream sauce and combine everything.
- Finally, top it with the remaining Cheddar and mozzarella and a bit of parsley.
- Bake the casserole for the next 20 minutes!