Ingredients Needed for Carrot and Chickpea Bread Roll Sandwich
1 carrot, shredded
½ red onion, diced
7 ounces of canned chickpeas
3 ounces of oat flakes
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4 bread rolls
4 salad leaves
1 tomato, sliced
½ avocado, sliced
½ red onion, sliced
How to Cook Carrot and Chickpea Bread Roll Sandwich
- Add the carrot, diced onion, chickpeas, oats, garlic, and egg to a blender. Season with salt and pepper and blend.
- Add the olive oil and lemon juice and blend more until smooth.
- Start shaping rectangular patties from the mixture. We’ve made 4.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a grill pan over medium heat. Grill the patties for 8 minutes on both sides.
- Cut the buns in half and assemble the burgers: stack 1 salad leaf, 1 patty, 1-2 tomato slices, avocado, and sliced red onion for each one. Coat the upper half of each bread roll with mustard. Pin down each sandwich with a skewer, if you want.