Ingredients Needed for Mozzarella-Filled Risotto and Beef Dumplings
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 teaspoons butter
1 onion, minced
7 ounces ground beef
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ cup red wine
1 ½ cup tomato sauce
7 ounces risotto rice
1 tablespoon parmesan, grated
6 ounces low moisture mozzarella, cut into 6 sticks
flour (for coating)
1 egg, whisked (for coating)
panko (for coating)
How to Cook Mozzarella-Filled Risotto and Beef Dumplings
- Add the olive oil and 1 teaspoon of butter to a pan over low heat. As the butter melts add the onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the ground beef and break it into smaller pieces. Cook for 10-12 minutes while occasionally stirring.
- Stir in the crushed garlic, red wine, and tomato sauce.
- Add the rice, stir it in, then season with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Cook and stir until the rice is done.
- Stir in the parmesan and the remaining butter. Remove from heat.
- Fill a pot halfway with vegetable oil and heat it.
- Wrap each mozzarella stick in tomato risotto and deep-fry for 4-5 minutes.