Calories: 535 kCal / serving
- 44 g
- 17 g
- 38 g
Ingredients Needed for Butternut Squash Risotto
½ butternut squash, medium size
1 ounce butter
½ cup chicken stock
1 rosemary sprig
2 ounces of parmesan
For the risotto:
1 white onion
1 celery stick
3.5 ounces of butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup arborio rice
⅔ cup white wine
1 cup chicken stock
1 ounce parmesan
How to Make Butternut Squash Risotto
- Make the risotto first:
- Dice the onion and the celery stick.
- Melt 3 ounces (85 grams) of butter in a large pan, on low-medium heat.
- Add the vegetable oil and mix it with butter.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Then add the celery. Mix and braise until the vegetables soften.
- Add the Arborio rice. Continue stirring for 2 to 3 minutes. The rice should be well-coated with butter.
- Add the white wine and mix. Cook until the wine reduces.
- Add the chicken stock. Mix and cook for several minutes, or until the rice absorb the liquid.
- When the rice is ready, grate the parmesan on it and add the remaining butter. Mix well, then set aside the risotto.
- Meanwhile, as the risotto is still cooking, slice the butternut squash, then peel it and remove its seeds.
- Cut the butternut squash into small cubes.
- Dice the chili pepper.
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Add the butternut squash, mix, and braise.
- Add the chicken stock and the chili and let them simmer.
- When the liquid reduces by half, add the rosemary sprig and cook together, to bring out the flavor.
- Next step is to add the risotto and mix all the ingredients.
- Serve the butternut squash risotto warm, with grated parmesan on top.