Asparagus and Cheese Tart
Spring is in the air… We hope. So, let’s try and cook this tart together so we can lure in the warm season. Spread honey Dijon mustard on one or two puff pastry sheets. Add the asparagus spears and grated Gruyere cheese and bake. Of course, if you want to use other veggies or cheeses, you are our guest!
Ingredients Needed for Asparagus and Cheese Tart
1 puff pastry sheet
2 tablespoons of honey Dijon mustard (store-bought)
20 asparagus spears
7 ounces of Gruyère cheese, grated
How to Make Asparagus and Cheese Tart
- Place the puff pastry sheet on a baking tray on parchment paper. In order to place it smoothly use a rolling pin to unroll the sheet over the tray’s surface.
- Mark a rectangle on the sheet by scoring the dough 1 1/2 inch in from the edge. Poke holes in the pastry rectangle, using a fork. Bake for 15 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- Spread the honey Dijon mustard over the entire area of the dough rectangle. Spread it as evenly as possible.
- Place the asparagus spears tidily to cover the entire sheet, season with salt, and add the grated cheese on top. Bake for 25 minutes at 370⁰F/185⁰C.
- Serve sprinkled with balsamic glaze.