Calories: 488 kCal / serving
- 49 g
- 27 g
- 12 g
Ingredients Needed for Pork Wellington
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 ½ pounds of pork tenderloin
7 ounces of mushroom
1 medium onion, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ginger, shredded
2 teaspoons of turmeric
1 teaspoon red chili paste
1 puff pastry sheet
1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves
1 yolk, whisked
How to Make Pork Wellington
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork tenderloin. Fry it for 1 – 2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
- Add the mushrooms to the blender and blend them.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over low heat, then add the mushrooms. Keep adding the onion, dried oregano, ginger, and turmeric, season with salt and pepper, then stir all in.
- Cook and stir for 1 – 2 minutes, then add the chili paste. Stir it in. Remove from heat.
- Trim the pastry sheet so that you’re left with a pastry disc. Transfer the mushroom mixture on it and spread it over its center.
- Top with the crumbled feta, basil leaves, and finally, the seared tenderloin. Fold the pastry sheet edges over this filling to wrap it completely.
- Transfer the wrap to a roomy baking dish, coat it with whisked yolk and score it. Bake for 40 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.