Ingredients Needed for Chicken Breast in White Sauce
3 chicken breasts
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried thyme
5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
5 fresh thyme sprigs
3 fresh rosemary sprigs
1 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped
How to Make Chicken Breast in White Sauce
- Place the chicken breast to a bowl.
- Add the onion powder, garlic powder, dried rosemary, dried thyme, salt, and pepper by taste. Coat the chicken breast with the spices and herbs.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet and lay the chicken breasts in it. Fry the breasts for 1-2 minutes on each side, until they turn golden-brown on the outside. Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and set them aside.
- Add 2 more tablespoons of olive oil in the same skillet. Add the crushed garlic and fry it for 30 seconds, stirring.
- Add the fresh thyme and rosemary sprigs. Add the milk.
- Season the liquid with salt and pepper.
- Combine the cornstarch with 1-2 tablespoons of water and stir well, then add it to the skillet.
- Also, add the chicken breasts to the skillet. Cover with a lid and simmer for 25-30 minutes. While the liquid simmers, the cornstarch will thicken the sauce.
- Sprinkle fresh cilantro on top just before serving.