Calories: 467 kCal / serving
- 27 g
- 18 g
- 50 g
Ingredients Needed for Chicken-Topped Hummus Waffles
For the waffles:
1 cup canned chickpeas
1 small onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon tahini
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 egg whites
½ cup flour
2 tablespoons of water
1 teaspoon olive oil
For the fried chicken:
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon za'atar
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon sumac
2 egg whites
7 ounces of chicken breast, strips
vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Chicken-Topped Hummus Waffles
- First, add the chickpeas in your food processor.
Add the onion, garlic, parsley, tahini, and baking powder.
Season with salt, pepper, cumin seeds, coriander, and cayenne pepper. Add the egg whites.
- Blend until smooth. Add the flour, water, and blend until the ingredients combine.
- Next, spray your waffle machine with a bit of olive oil. Spoon the batter over the waffle iron. Cook the waffles according to the waffle iron’s settings. You should obtain around 4 waffles.
- For the fried chicken, start with the coating mix. Add the flour in a bowl. Season with za’atar, cayenne pepper, sumac, and salt.
- Add the egg whites in a separate bowl.
Coat the chicken strips with the egg whites and flour mix.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the chicken strips and cook them until golden and crispy.
- Serve the chicken on top of the hummus waffles. You can serve them with tahini and chives.