Ingredients Needed for Marinated Pork Ribs With Veggies and Mashed Potatoes 1 pound pork ribs
1 celery, sliced
1 leek, only white and pale green part, sliced
4 garlic cloves
1 cup red wine
3 bay leaves
1 cup flour
⅓ cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
1 cup chicken stock
1 ½ cups of mashed potato
7 ounces of rice, cooked
How to Cook Marinated Pork Ribs With Veggies and Mashed Potatoes
- Add the pork ribs in a large bowl. Add the celery, carrots, leek slices, garlic, salt, thyme powder, pepper, red wine, and bay leaves.
- Combine all the ingredients with your hands and let them marinate for 6 hours.
- When the time’s up, remove the pork ribs from the marinade and place them on some paper towels. Also, cover them with a paper towel and press with your hands, so the paper absorbs the excess liquid.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Coat the pork ribs with flour, then place them in the skillet. Fry them on the first side until the ribs turn brown, then turn them over and fry again until brown. Remove them from the skillet and set them aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Add the marinated vegetables in the same skillet, and also add about a third of the liquid.
- Add the tomato sauce and the chicken stock and let it simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer the pork ribs in a baking pot, then add the vegetables and wine sauce over them.
- Cover the baking pot and transfer to the oven for the next 30 minutes.
- Serve 1/2 cup (165 grams) of mashed potatoes, 2 pork ribs, and one third of the vegetables for one serving. Garnish with fresh parsley.