Ingredients Needed for Mushroom and Chicken Stew
1 tablespoon olive oil
10 ounces of chicken breast, chopped
2 cups of water
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
4 bay leaves
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon allspice
2 carrots, sliced
1 large parsnip, diced
1 celery stick, chopped
2 small onions, quartered
4 ounces of brown mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon cornstarch
How to Cook Mushroom and Chicken Stew
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breast. Cook and stir until golden brown.
- Add the water, garlic, smoked paprika, bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce, and all-spice. Season with salt and pepper and mix in.
- Cover with the lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the carrots, parsnip, celery, onion, and mushrooms. Stir them in, then cover with the lid and simmer for 20 minutes more.
- Quickly mix the cornstarch with a little water, then add it to the boiling pot. Mix it in and remove from heat.