Ingredients Needed for Aromatic Pork Belly in the Oven
¼ cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon paprika powder
2 tablespoons of chopped dill
2 pounds of pork belly
1 red onion
1 jalapeno pepper
1 cup tomato sauce
forest fruits sauce
How to Cook Aromatic Pork Belly in the Oven
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Put the olive oil in a small bowl.
- Chop the garlic and add it in the olive oil.
- Add the lime juice, the paprika powder, the dill, some salt, and pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Dry the pork belly and cut the skin horizontally and vertically, deep enough to go to the fat but not so deep as to cut the meat.
- Coat the pork belly with the olive and paprika mixture, but set aside about 1 tablespoon of it.
- Cut julienne the red onion and add it in the remaining olive oil mixture.
- Add the sweet potato slices and the jalapeno pepper cut in halves.
- Combine the vegetables with the sauce.
- Put the pork belly and the vegetables on a baking tray.
- Bake them for 45 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and coat the pork belly with the tomato sauce.
- Bake it for 80 more minutes.
- Slice the pork belly and serve it with baked vegetables.