Ingredients Needed for Snow Eggs With Biscuits and Chocolate Sauce
1 cup sugar
4 cups of milk
7 ounces of biscuit
½ cup cocoa powder
⅔ cup flour
1 ounce chocolate
How to Cook Snow Eggs With Biscuits and Chocolate Sauce
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Put the egg whites in a large bowl. Sprinkle them with a bit of salt. Whip the egg whites using an electric mixer until it soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar gradually, while keep mixing. Continue to beat until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Add the milk in a large pot and heat it. Reserve about 1/4 cup (65 ml) of milk for later use.
- When the milk is warm, lower the heat.
- Use a spoon to take small lumps of meringue and add them in the milk.
- The meringues will cook slowly in the heated milk, but they’ll remain foamy. Turn them over, to cook on both sides.
- In the meantime, crush the biscuits.
- Arrange a layer of crushed biscuits on the bottom of a large bowl. Top with one handful of crushed walnuts. Add one layer of meringues.
- Add a second layer of ingredients, by putting biscuits, walnuts, and meringues in the bowl.
- For the chocolate sauce: mix the yolks with cocoa powder. Add the remaining milk. Add the flour and mix everything together.
- Pour the chocolate mixture gradually in hot milk and whisk the mixture. Add the remaining walnuts and mix again.
- Pour this mixture over the meringues and biscuits.
- If you want, sprinkle some more walnuts on top, and grate some chocolate.
- If you want, serve the dessert with some ladyfingers.