Snow Eggs With Biscuits and Chocolate Sauce
Snow eggs is a very special, tasty, but also visually impressive dessert. The name comes from the two lovely parts which work together for exquisite taste. The eggs are in fact meringues, while the snow is an English custard or sauce anglaise, as the French call it, made with milk and yolks. Combine them and sprinkle some biscuits, walnuts or other toppings you like for a surprising dessert! We’re sure you and your loved ones will want seconds!
Ingredients Needed for Snow Eggs With Biscuits and Chocolate Sauce
1 cup sugar
4 cups of milk
7 ounces of biscuit
½ cup cocoa powder
⅔ cup flour
1 ounce chocolate
How to Make Snow Eggs With Biscuits and Chocolate Sauce
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Put the egg whites in a large bowl. Sprinkle them with a bit of salt. Whip the egg whites using an electric mixer until it soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar gradually, while keep mixing. Continue to beat until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Add the milk in a large pot and heat it. Reserve about 1/4 cup (65 ml) of milk for later use.
- When the milk is warm, lower the heat.
- Use a spoon to take small lumps of meringue and add them in the milk.
- The meringues will cook slowly in the heated milk, but they’ll remain foamy. Turn them over, to cook on both sides.
- In the meantime, crush the biscuits.
- Arrange a layer of crushed biscuits on the bottom of a large bowl. Top with one handful of crushed walnuts. Add one layer of meringues.
- Add a second layer of ingredients, by putting biscuits, walnuts, and meringues in the bowl.
- For the chocolate sauce: mix the yolks with cocoa powder. Add the remaining milk. Add the flour and mix everything together.
- Pour the chocolate mixture gradually in hot milk and whisk the mixture. Add the remaining walnuts and mix again.
- Pour this mixture over the meringues and biscuits.
- If you want, sprinkle some more walnuts on top, and grate some chocolate.
- If you want, serve the dessert with some ladyfingers.