Ingredients Needed for Walnut Peach Tartlets
1 cup powdered sugar
8 ounces of soft butter
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon lime zest
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
8 ounces of flour
5 ounces of ground walnut
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
3 ounces of peach jam
1 teaspoon rum
2 tablespoons of peach liqueur
red food coloring
green food coloring
yellow food coloring
sugar for coating
How to Cook Walnut Peach Tartlets
- Add the eggs and powdered sugar to a bowl. Season with salt and mix until smooth using the hand mixer.
- Add 7 ounces of soft butter and mix more. Keep adding 1/2 cup of milk, lime zest, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix.
- Gradually add the flour and mix it in using a spatula.
- Seal the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Start shaping the dough into small balls. You should end up with 30-40 of them.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the dough balls on it. Bake for 15 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- Carve a small hole into the flatter part of each flattened dough ball with the tip of a knife. Don’t discard the crumbs.
- Gather the carved out crumbs to a bowl. Add the walnuts, cocoa, the remaining butter, the peach jam, rum, the remaining milk, and the peach liqueur. Mix until even using a spatula.
- Fill a carved dough ball with 1 teaspoon of walnut mixture and top with another one. Do the same for the remaining dough balls and mixture. You’ll end up with 15-20 tartlets.
- Mix each food coloring with some water into small separate bowls. Dip the tartlets in the food coloring mixtures and coat them with sugar.