Ingredients Needed for Whole Roasted Turkey
1 garlic head
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 giblets removed, approx. 12 pounds
2 ounces of butter
1 walnut, chopped
For the filling:
2 green bell peppers
How to Make Whole Roasted Turkey
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Prepare the vegetables for the side. Grab the potatoes, lemon, and onion. Slice them in halves, and then in quarters. Slice the garlic and carrots in halves. Leave them aside.
- Prepare the vegetables for the filling. Slice the bell peppers and the mushrooms. Peel the potatoes and onion and slice them in quarters. Slice the orange in halves, and then in quarters.
- Place the vegetables, which you’ll use for the side, in a roasting tray.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Add a few rosemary sprigs. Place the turkey on top of the veggies. This will prevent it from burning.
- Fill the turkey with the rest of the veggies. Grab the butter and use it to coat the turkey skin. Rub the butter until it’s evenly spread. Drizzle with 1 more tablespoon of vegetable oil. Sprinkle with the chopped walnuts and season with salt and nutmeg. Wrap the turkey and veggies in aluminum foil, to prevent it from burning.
- Roast the turkey for the next 3 hours!