Cheesy Meatball Pasta Casserole
Meatballs and pasta is an old reliable classic combination. You’ve probably enjoyed it countless times. But if you want to avoid routine, you can change things up a bit. So we recommend you make it as a casserole. Place all of the ingredients on a baking tray and shred some Cheddar on top. Pop the tray in the oven and let the heat do its flavor magic!
Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Meatball Pasta Casserole
7 ounces of minced meat, shaped into meatballs
vegetable oil for frying
1 cup tomato sauce
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon oregano
7 ounces of pasta shell
3 ounces of cheddar, shredded
How to Make Cheesy Meatball Pasta Casserole
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, add water in it and bring it to a boil.
- Add the pasta shells, a pinch of salt, and cook them according to the instructions on the package.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the meatballs and cook them for 10 minutes.
- Heat the tomato sauce in a different skillet. Add the chopped garlic, season with salt, pepper, and oregano and simmer the sauce for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and cook until the sauce reduces by half.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Drain the pasta and lay them in an oven tray. Add the meatballs, and the shredded Cheddar.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 15 minutes.