Ingredients Needed for White Bean Puree With Spicy Onion and Tomato Sauce
2-3 onions, halved
4-5 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon turmeric
1-2 tablespoons tomato paste
1-2 tablespoons water
12-14 ounces canned white beans
1/2 cup beef stock
2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon tahini
1 teaspoon dried thyme
How to Cook White Bean Puree With Spicy Onion and Tomato Sauce
- Add the onions to a blender and crush them.
- Heat 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan over low-medium heat and add the onion.
- Cook and stir until it starts changing color, then stir in the paprika, turmeric, and a dash of salt.
- Stir in the tomato paste, adding the water into the process. Set aside.
- Add the beans to a tall measuring glass. Pour the beef stock and the remaining olive oil (1 tablespoon), add the garlic, tahini, and thyme, and season with salt and pepper.
- Puree everything.
- Serve the pureed beans with tomato and onion sauce.