Ingredients Needed for Turkey Tagliatelle With Herby Tomato Sauce
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 turkey drumstick
2 medium onions, diced
4 garlic cloves, smashed
1 teaspoon cumin powder
⅓ cup white wine
1 cup canned tomatoes
1 cup chicken stock
2 rosemary sprigs
7 ounces of tagliatelle, cooked
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
How to Cook Turkey Tagliatelle With Herby Tomato Sauce
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Score the drumstick and add it to the pan. Fry for 3 – 4 minutes on both sides. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pot over low heat. Add the onion and garlic, season with cumin powder, salt, and pepper and stir in.
- When the onion is softened, add the white wine and stir it in.
- Add the canned tomatoes, chicken stock, rosemary, and the seared turkey drumstick. Bring to a boil.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 2 hours and 30 minutes at 320⁰F/160⁰C.
- Remove from oven, pick the turkey drumstick and set it aside. Transfer the cooked veggies to a blender including some liquid. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Transfer the cooked tagliatelle to a bowl, add the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the parsley and mix until even.
- Serve the pasta on a large flat plate on a bed of sauce and topped with the turkey drumstick. Garnish with more sauce and optionally with more parsley.