Ingredients Needed for Turkey and Mushroom Rice
7 ounces of turkey breast
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon butter
1 onion, chopped
8 mushrooms, thinly sliced
5 ounces of basmati rice
2 cups of chicken stock
2 tablespoons of sour cream
1 teaspoon turmeric
How to Cook Turkey and Mushroom Rice
- Place the turkey breast on a wooden surface and season it with salt and pepper.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat, add the turkey, and cook it for around 8-10 minutes per side.
- Take out the meat and let it rest. In the remaining fat, add the butter and melt it. Add the onion and basmati rice. Pour the chicken stock and season with salt and pepper. Cover it with a lid and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, thinly slice the chicken. Remove the lid, add the sour cream, turkey, and parsley. Simmer it once again, lid on top, for the next 20 minutes.
- Season with turmeric, stir, and simmer for 10 more minutes.