Ingredients Needed for Spiced-Up Shrimp Curry
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon red peppercorns
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
4 garlic cloves
½ jalapeno, thinly sliced
2 star anise
3 cardamom seeds
4 red onions, julienne sliced
1 tablespoon coconut flakes
½ cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons of water
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon curry paste
½ cup tomato paste
1 teaspoon curry powder
8 ounces of shrimp
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
How to Cook Spiced-Up Shrimp Curry
- Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the coriander seeds, fennel seeds, red peppercorns, caraway seeds, garlic cloves, jalapeno, star anise, and cardamom.
- Add a red onion, coconut flakes, and give it a good stir. Pour the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour everything into a blender and add a few drops of water. Blend until smooth.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in a skillet and add the remaining onions.
- Add the garlic, curry paste, and tomato sauce. Give it a stir.
- Add the water, coconut milk mixture, and curry powder.
- Add the shrimp and simmer for the next 10 minutes.
- Add the parsley and give it a stir.