Ingredients Needed for Stuffed Squid
1 ounce capers
½ cup breadcrumbs
2 garlic cloves, crushed
⅔ cup fresh parsley, chopped
⅔ cup parmesan, grated
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 pound squid tubes
1 medium red onion, sliced
3 cups of tomato sauce
1 tablespoon fresh basil
How to Cook Stuffed Squid
- Add the capers, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, parsley, and parmesan to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix until even.
- Stuff the squid tubes with this mixture. We have 4 of them. Seal them with toothpicks.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a sauce pan over low heat and add the onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the tomato sauce and cook for 1 minute. Add the stuffed squid tubes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the basil leaves, cover with the lid and simmer for 25 minutes. Serve sliced on a fish serving tray.