Calories: 781 kCal / serving
- 56 g
- 34 g
- 47 g
Ingredients Needed for Stuffed Chicken With Vermouth and Bacon Mashed Potatoes
1 farm chicken
3 tablespoons of olive oil
3 red onions, quartered
1 lemon, wedged
12 garlic cloves (1 garlic bulb)
2 ounces of butter
1 cup Vermouth
½ cup chicken stock
2 ounces of bacon, chopped
1 spring onion, chopped
4 kale leaves, chopped
1 pound of mashed potatoes
How to Make Stuffed Chicken With Vermouth and Bacon Mashed Potatoes
- Place the chicken on the work surface. Season with salt, pepper, and fresh thyme, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and rub.
- Stuff the chicken with 1-2 red onions, 1/2 of lemon, and 5-6 garlic cloves.
- Start melting 1.5 ounces (some 3 tablespoons) of butter in an oven-proof cooking pot. Add the stuffed chicken together with the remaining red onion and garlic cloves.
- Add a few bay leaves, the remaining lemon, and more fresh thyme. Pour the vermouth and chicken stock, cover with the lid, then bake for 2 hours at 400⁰F/190⁰C.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat, add the bacon and stir.
- Add the spring onion, stir in, then add the remaining butter (1 tablespoon). Stir it in, then cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the kale leaves, season with salt and pepper and stir in.
- Add the mashed potatoes and stir them in. Serve the chicken over the bacon mashed potatoes.