Ingredients Needed for Strawberry Sponge Cake
4 strawberries, chopped
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1 ½ cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup sugar
¼ cup olive oil
How to Cook Strawberry Sponge Cake
- First pass the chopped strawberries through the powdered sugar and leave them aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Sift the flour through a strainer, add it in a large bowl, and mix it with baking powder.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks and add them into 2 separate bowls.
- Whisk the egg yolks with olive oil.
- Add the egg whites into your kitchen aid bowl and start processing. Process until you make a white, fluffy foam. Add sugar gradually, one tablespoon at a time, until the sugar melts and combines with the egg whites.
- Pause the kitchen aid and add the egg yolk mixture. Set up the kitchen aid at medium speed and process until smooth. Gradually add the flour, and mix until you get a smooth, creamy-textured batter.
- Pour the batter in a 12 inches (30 cm) diameter round cake tin.
- Add the sugar topped strawberries evenly into the pan.
- Bake the sponge cake for the next 40 minutes.
- You can serve it with some more strawberry topping!