Roasted Pork Sirloin With Apple Mash
Everybody knows that pork goes hand in hand with potato mash, but have you tried pork with some apple mash? The fruits will change the meat’s flavor giving it a special taste. Furthermore, the add-ons like pepper, curry powder, rosemary, and ginger will complete this interesting shift in taste.
Ingredients Needed for Roasted Pork Sirloin With Apple Mash
1 pound pork sirloin
¼ cup dried apricot
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon butter
4 rosemary sprigs
1 ginger root, sliced
2 apples, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
How to Make Roasted Pork Sirloin With Apple Mash
- Stuff the pork with most of the apricots, leaving one or two for later usage.
- Sprinkle the sirloin with the salt, pepper and curry powder on all sides.
- Cook it in the vegetable oil for around 4-5 minutes or until it turns golden brown. Set aside.
- Smear a ceramic dish with 1 cube of butter.
- Place the cooked meat into the dish together with the rosemary sprigs.
- Bake in the oven until the thermometer reaches 185 – 195 degrees F/85 – 90 degrees C.
- In the meantime, throw the sliced apple, ginger and the remaining dried apricots into a pot half filled with boiling water.
- Boil the apple for 25 minutes.
- Place the ingredients in a bowl, add the rest of the butter and mash all together. Squeeze the lime into the mixure.
- Add the red bell pepper and mix using a spoon.
- Serve the meat with apple mash on the side.