Vanilla and Cocoa Jumbles
To us, these ring jumbles brought parties and the Holiday season to mind. They look funny, they taste good and with a little bit of patience, you can make them, too. Weaving has never been more delicious before!
Ingredients Needed for Vanilla and Cocoa Jumbles
½ cup cottage cheese
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup melted butter
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
How to Make Vanilla and Cocoa Jumbles
- Add the cottage cheese and sugar to a bowl and mix them using a hand mixer. Also, mix in the melted butter, the egg, and vanilla extract.
- Strain the flour and baking powder into the same bowl. Mix more until you have an even dough.
- Transfer 1/2 of the dough to another bowl. Add the cocoa powder to one of them and mix until even using a spatula.
- Cover both bowls with plastic foil and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place the two doughs on the work surface on parchment paper, dust with a little flour, then flatten them with the rolling pin.
- Cut them both into long 1-inch wide strips using a pizza cutter.
- Take a simple strip and a cocoa dough strip having the same length and, using them as strands, weave them together. Then form this braid into a ring and press its ends so that they stick together. Do the same with the remaining dough strip pairs. We’ve got 16 of them.
- Transfer them to a baking tray on parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.