Roasted Beet Soup
Let’s use the mighty beetroot once more to prepare a nourishing and healthy creamy soup. A soup where carrot and potato also find their rightful place. Parmesan is optional. Just remember that if you want this soup the stay vegetarian you better skip the ‘parmigiano’.
Ingredients Needed for Roasted Beet Soup
10 ounces beetroot, cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, minced
2 carrots, sliced
2 potatoes, cubed
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups of water
parmesan (optional, for serving)
dill (optional, for serving)
How to Make Roasted Beet Soup
- Add the cubed beetroot to a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400ºF/190ºC.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pot over low-medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, potatoes, ginger, and garlic cloves. Stir.
- Pour the water, season with salt and pepper, and boil for 25-30 minutes.
- Add the cooked beet and stir it in.
- Transfer the veggies to a blender and puree them.
- You can serve the soup garnished with grated parmesan and/or finely chopped dill.