Ingredients Needed for Roasted Beet Soup
10 ounces beetroot, cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, minced
2 carrots, sliced
2 potatoes, cubed
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups of water
parmesan (optional, for serving)
dill (optional, for serving)
How to Cook Roasted Beet Soup
- Add the cubed beetroot to a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400ºF/190ºC.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pot over low-medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, potatoes, ginger, and garlic cloves. Stir.
- Pour the water, season with salt and pepper, and boil for 25-30 minutes.
- Add the cooked beet and stir it in.
- Transfer the veggies to a blender and puree them.
- You can serve the soup garnished with grated parmesan and/or finely chopped dill.