Ingredients Needed for Sun-Dried Tomato, Polenta and Veggie Salad
3.5 ounces of cornmeal
3.5 ounces of sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
1 arugula leaves
3.5 ounces of tofu with cumin, cubed
10 radishes, cut into quarters
½ cucumber, small cubes
2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons of olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
How to Cook Sun-Dried Tomato, Polenta and Veggie Salad
- Pour about 1 cup (250 ml) of water in a pot, sprinkle some sea salt, and bring it to a boil.
- To make the polenta, gradually add the cornmeal in the water. Use a small balloon whisk and whisk vigorously until it thickens, to avoid the forming of lumps.
- Cover and cook the polenta on low heat for 20 to 30 minutes, whisking every 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the polenta, place it on a plate and let it cool down.
- Shape small balls of polenta. Place the polenta balls on the bottom of 2 jars (12 ounces/370 grams).
- Squeeze the sun-dried tomatoes well and add them into the jars as well.
- Also split the arugula in half and add it to the jars, then the tofu cubes, radishes, cucumber, and sunflower seeds. Cover the jars.
- Make a dressing: add the olive oil in a small bowl, with some salt and red wine vinegar. Whisk.
- Pour the dressing over the salads just before serving them. Shake the jars and serve.