Ingredients Needed for Beef Stuffed Baked Eggplants
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 onion, chopped
2 green chilis, thinly sliced
1 pound ground beef
1 cup canned tomatoes
2 cups of tomato sauce
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Beef Stuffed Baked Eggplants
- Slice off the skins of the eggplant and lay them in a baking dish. Cover them halfway with water.
- Season with salt and pour the lemon juice. Cover them with foil. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat, add the eggplants and cover them with a lid. Cook them for 20 minutes.
- Add the garlic, 1 green chili, and onion. Cook until softened.
- Add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, half of the tomato sauce, and parsley. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the eggplants in a baking dish and slice them through the middle to make way for the filling.
- Add the ground beef inside the eggplants and top them with tomato slices and the remaining chili.
- Pour the remaining tomato sauce.
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake for the next 15 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.