Ingredients Needed for Red Lentil and Bean Soup
1 leek, thin slices
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
4 garlic cloves
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon coriander seeds
1 cup red lentil
5 cups of vegetable stock
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ cup red bean, canned
1 baby spinach
2 chilis s, slices
1 ounce - parmesan
How to Cook Red Lentil and Bean Soup
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and add the leek. Cook until it softens.
- Crush the garlic and add it to skillet.
- Crush the cumin and coriander seeds using a mortar and pestle, then add them to the skillet.
- Add the carrot, and red lentils. Stir.
- Add the vegetable stock, season with salt and pepper, then let it simmer.
- When the lentils are almost cooked, add the turmeric, the canned red beans, and the baby spinach.
- Serve the lentil soup with chili slices.