Ingredients Needed for Rajma
1 medium onion, quartered
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 garlic cloves, crushed
2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
1 cup canned tomatoes
2 teaspoons of coriander powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 cup canned red beans
½ cup canned white beans
½ cup tomato sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
fresh parsley, chopped (for garnishing)
How to Cook Rajma
- Add the onion to a mixer bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the garlic and cumin seeds. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the blended onion and stir for 30 seconds. Add the canned tomatoes stir for a while until it starts bubbling.
- Add the coriander powder, chili powder, and garam masala. Season with salt, then cook and stir for 3-4 minutes more.
- Add the canned red beans and stir for 1-2 minutes. Continue by adding the white beans and tomato sauce. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add the sugar, stir a little until even, garnish with fresh parsley, and remove from heat. Serve it with some red onion slices.