Rajma is a vegetarian dish. But this is not your ordinary bean stew; it’s a lot of tastes brought together on a plate. Flavor it heavily the Indian way with chili, garam masala, coriander, and cumin. Make it salty and sweet and serve it with fresh parsley and some red onion.
Ingredients Needed for Rajma
1 medium onion, quartered
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 garlic cloves, crushed
2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
1 cup canned tomatoes
2 teaspoons of coriander powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 cup canned red beans
½ cup canned white beans
½ cup tomato sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
fresh parsley, chopped (for garnishing)
How to Make Rajma
- Add the onion to a mixer bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the garlic and cumin seeds. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the blended onion and stir for 30 seconds. Add the canned tomatoes stir for a while until it starts bubbling.
- Add the coriander powder, chili powder, and garam masala. Season with salt, then cook and stir for 3-4 minutes more.
- Add the canned red beans and stir for 1-2 minutes. Continue by adding the white beans and tomato sauce. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add the sugar, stir a little until even, garnish with fresh parsley, and remove from heat. Serve it with some red onion slices.