Quinoa Salad With Avocado and Roast Squash
Not exactly your typical salad, this one brings the healthy quinoa on the main stage, along with avocado, arugula leaves, and roasted squash. Speaking of squash, we are big fans of it, and we’re planning on using it for lots of winter-inspired recipes. Give the salad a fresh and exotic taste, by adding a few fruits on top, like orange slices and pomegranate seeds.
Ingredients Needed for Quinoa Salad With Avocado and Roast Squash
4 ounces of yellow squash, diced
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 ounces of arugula
4 ounces of cooked quinoa
½ orange, sliced
2 tablespoons of pomegranate seed
How to Make Quinoa Salad With Avocado and Roast Squash
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Add the yellow squash and drizzle the vegetable oil over it. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 35 minutes.
- Slice the avocado into halves, remove its pit and place it in a tall glass container. Add the fresh coriander, mint, drizzle the olive oil, season with salt, and add the lemon juice.
- Set up your immersion blender and blend everything into a smooth mash.
- Start assembling the salad. Thinly slice the remaining avocado. Add the arugula, cooked quinoa, thinly sliced avocado, orange slices, pomegranate seeds, broccoli sprouts, avocado mash, and roasted squash.
- You can even top it with some spring onion, green parts only.