Ingredients Needed for Pumpkin Puree Cake
1 pound pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
8 ounces flour
5 ounces sugar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup whipping cream
egg white foam
chocolate sauce (for topping)
How to Cook Pumpkin Puree Cake
- Add the pumpkin puree to a bowl. Season with vanilla extract and mix in the flour.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and transfer the mixture to it.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 360ºF/180ºC.
- Add the sugar to a pot over low heat.
- Add the water and caramelize the sugar.
- Add the butter and stir it in.
- Gradually stir in the whipping cream.
- Poke holes into the baked cake base and coat it with the sugar glaze (keep some for topping).
- Add a layer of egg white foam and evenly spread it.
- Top with the remaining sugar glaze and with chocolate sauce.