Ingredients Needed for Lamb Stew With Potatoes and Anchovies vegetable oil for frying
0.5 ounce anchovy
14 ounces of lamb shoulder, sliced in large chunks
1 onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves
1 red chili, sliced
½ cup white wine
¼ cup water
2 potatoes, diced
½ cup vegetable stock
1 cup green peas
How to Cook Lamb Stew With Potatoes and Anchovies
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the anchovies and stir in the pan for about 1 minute.
- Add the lamb shoulder and cook it until the meat turns opaque, and it slightly starts to brown. Season the lamb with salt, pepper, and add the carrot and onion. Give it a good stir, and add the parsley, garlic, and sliced chili.
- Add a few fresh thyme sprigs, pour the white wine, the water, and top with a lid. Keep it on the pan until the sauce reduces by half. Remove the lid, add the diced potatoes, and season with salt.
- Pour the vegetable stock and put the lid once again, this time simmering for 30 minutes, to ensure the potatoes are cooked through.
- Add the green peas, stir, and leave the pan on heat for 5 more minutes before turning off the heat.