Ingredients Needed for Pork Rillettes
2 pounds of pork shoulder, cut into two
4 fresh thyme sprigs
3 bay leaves
1 cup water
1 teaspoon nutmeg
How to Cook Pork Rillettes
- Add the pork shoulder, thyme, bay leaf, and water to an oven-proof saucepan. Season with salt and pepper, cover with the lid and bake for 3 hours at 350⁰F/175⁰C.
- Transfer the cooked meat to your work surface and don’t throw away the drippings. Shred the tender meat with a fork.
- Transfer the shredded meat to a mixer bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix until smooth. Gradually add some 2 tablespoons of drippings in the process.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium serving bowl or to more smaller bowls. Pour 1-2 more tablespoons of drippings on top of the mixture. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Serve with sliced bread or toast.