Ingredients Needed for Pork Belly With Wild Rice
12 ounces of pork belly
2 small onions, chopped
2 ounces of celery, sliced
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon onion flakes
2 tablespoons of olive oil
½ teaspoon tabasco
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
5 ounces of wild rice
2 cinnamon sticks
½ cup almond
1 egg, whisked
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon soy sauce
½ cup white wine
How to Make Pork Belly With Wild Rice
- Lay the pork belly on your working space. Slice it into chunks, approximately 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick. Add them to a large bowl.
- Add 1 chopped onion, celery, coriander seeds, onion flakes, chili flakes, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, tabasco sauce, and juice from half an orange. Season with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Mix everything, cover with foil, and let it marinate for the next 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can start cooking the rice. Heat a saucepan over medium heat, fill it halfway with water and bring it to a boil.
- Add a pinch of salt, vegetable oil, and wild rice. Squeeze the juice out of the remaining orange and add the cinnamon sticks. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the almonds in a mortar and crush them. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the crushed almonds. Toast them for 1 minute. Add the wild rice, whisked eggs, and give it a good stir. Season with salt, pepper, and add half of the parsley. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining red onion and the pork belly. When it starts to brown, add the garlic cloves, soy sauce, and white wine. Reduce the heat, cover with a lid, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the remaining parsley and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Serve the pork belly on a bed of rice.