Ingredients Needed for Chicken Pastries 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
9 ounces of chicken breast, diced
2 ounces of sweet corn
2 ounces of canned peas
½ cup tomato sauce
1 puff pastry sheet
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Cook Chicken Pastries
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook it for 1-2 minutes, until it has a golden color. Add the chicken, and cook it for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the carrot, sweet corn, and peas. Pour the tomato sauce and cook it for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- In the meantime, place the puff pastry on your working surface. Slice it in 8-10 squares, around 2 inches (5 cm) long.
- Crack the egg and whisk it.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of chicken mixture in the middle of the pastry squares, leaving around 0.4 inch (1 cm) of empty pastry, where you will brush the egg wash.
- Place the sides of the puff pastry one over the other, folding it like an envelope.
- Repeat the steps until you’ve used all your ingredients (you should get around 8 pastries).
- Brush the pastries with the remaining egg wash, and sprinkle a touch of fresh thyme on top.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the pastries.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 25 minutes.