Ingredients Needed for Pastry Wrapped Holiday Ham
½ cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound piece of ham
1 tablespoon cloves
8 ounces of of dough
½ cup egg wash
How to Cook Pastry Wrapped Holiday Ham
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Mix the brown sugar and the Dijon mustard together in a large bowl. Add olive oil.
- Carve some parallel lines on the surface of the ham, the top side. Then carve some more perpendicular lines to the first ones.
- Put a clove in each place where the lines intersect.
- Coat the ham in the sugar, mustard, and oil mixture.
- Flour your work surface. Knead the dough into a thin sheet. Wrap the ham in it. Remove the excess dough.
- Coat the dough in egg wash, using a brush.
- Bake it for 35 minutes.
- Serve it with your favorite sauce.