Oyster Mushroom Risotto
So, you’ve got a nice batch of oyster mushrooms and don’t know how to use them. Make them shine on the main stage in this delicious risotto. It is great for when in the mood for a delicious vegetarian dish, that can convince even the most ferocious of carnivores!
Ingredients Needed for Oyster Mushroom Risotto
1 cup risotto rice
4 ounces of butter
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
3-4 ounces oyster mushrooms, chopped
½ red chili, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon whisky
½ cup white wine
2 cups of chicken stock
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
½ cup parmesan, shredded
How to Make Oyster Mushroom Risotto
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and toast the risotto rice for 2 minutes.
- Lay the skillet on the stove once again and add 2 ounces of butter and vegetable oil. Melt the butter.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the oyster mushrooms, chili, and give it a good stir.
- Add the risotto rice, and pour the whiskey, white wine, and chicken stock.
- Season with salt and pepper, and cook for 20-25 minutes while stirring from time to time.
- Add the parsley, parmesan, and remaining butter.
- Now, to serve the dish, pour 1 tablespoon or 2 of balsamic glaze in a risotto bowl. Add the rice in a cooking ring to give it that nice round shape.
The recipe doesn’t say how many grams of oyster mushrooms? Do you keep them whole or do you chop them up?
Hello, Jan, you are right! It’s 100-120 grams of mushrooms and we’ve chopped them first. Thank you for telling us. We’ve made the corrections in the text. Thanks again for the heads-up! 🎈