Ingredients Needed for Ginger Carrot Loaf Cake With Red Currant and Yogurt Sauce
½ cup sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon ginger powder
4 medium carrots, shredded
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
7 ounces of greek yogurt
2 tablespoons of red currant jam
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
How to Cook Ginger Carrot Loaf Cake With Red Currant and Yogurt Sauce
- Add the eggs and sugar to the mixer bowl, season with salt and start mixing. Gradually add the oil in the process. Mix until even.
- Add the cocoa powder and ginger powder. Mix more until even.
- Add the carrots. Mix until even using a spatula.
- Strain the flour and baking powder together into the carrot mixture bowl. Mix until even.
- Transfer the mixture to a butter-coated loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.
- Add the yogurt, jam, and powdered sugar to a small bowl. Mix until even. Serve over sliced loaf cake.