Calories: 571 kCal / serving
- 48 g
- 41 g
- 22 g
Ingredients Needed for Oxtail Stew
1 pound oxtail, cut into 1.5 inch/4 cm pieces
½ cup flour
vegetable oil for frying
1 onion s, chopped
3 potatoes, small cubes
2 carrots, sliced
½ celery root, cubed
½ teaspoon paprika powder
2 garlic cloves
1 cup red wine
½ cup tomato sauce
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon thyme powder
3 bay leaves
2 cups of water
2 rosemary sprigs
How to Make Oxtail Stew
- Coat the oxtail pieces with flour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast iron deep skillet.
- Fry the oxtails on all sides until golden brown. When ready, set them aside.
- Clean the cast iron deep skillet and add 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion and paprika and cook until the onion softens.
- Crush the garlic and add it to the skillet.
- Add the oxtails, salt, pepper, red wine, tomato sauce, garlic powder, and thyme powder. Mix and simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the water and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Then add the potatoes, celery root, and carrots.
- Add the rosemary sprigs and simmer for 30 more minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley.