Ingredients Needed for Bechamel Sauce
3.5 ounces of butter
3.5 ounces of flour
2½ cups of milk
1 teaspoon nutmeg
How to Make Bechamel Sauce
- Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat and start melting the butter. Slowly pour in the flour while stirring.
- Cook the mixture on medium heat for about 6-7 minutes, until it has a light, golden color.
- Keep on heat and slowly add the milk, while stirring fast and continuously.
- Season with nutmeg.
- When the sauce has a thick and smooth consistency, you can turn off the heat.
- You can serve it with all kinds of steaks, and use it as a main ingredient when cooking lasagna!